Reduced Annotation Based on Deep Active Learning for Arabic Text Detection in Natural Scene Images
preprintposted on 2021-12-23, 05:03 authored by Khalil BoukthirKhalil Boukthir, Abdulrahman M. Qahtani, Omar Almutiry, habib dhahri, Adel AlimiAdel Alimi
- A novel approach is presented to reduced annotation based on Deep Active Learning for Arabic text detection in Natural Scene Images.
- A new Arabic text images dataset (7k images) using the Google Street View service named TSVD.
- A new semi-automatic method for generating natural scene text images from the streets.
- Training samples is reduced to 1/5 of the original training size on average.
- Much less training data to achieve better dice index : 0.84
Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research of Tunisia
Email Address of Submitting Authorkhalil.firstname.lastname@example.org
ORCID of Submitting Author0000-0001-8049-268X
Submitting Author's InstitutionREsearch Groups in Intelligent Machines (REGIM Lab), University of Sfax, National Engineering School of Sfax (ENIS)
Submitting Author's Country